Is your website mobile friendly?
Every year since the launch of the iPhone on 29 June 2007 the number of people using their mobile to browse the web has increased significantly. According to Statcounter in 2013 17.4% of web traffic came through a mobile device, an increase of 6% on the previous year. 2014 looks to continue this trend as more of us engage on social websites through our smartphones and browse on the go.
Did you know...
It's a well known fact that a bad user experience when viewing your website will impact your ability to sell your products or services and potentially damage your brand's reputation, but did you know that 57% of users won't recommend companies who have a poor mobile website. With huge growth in mobile and tablet usage many companies haven't got a responsive or mobile website and worse still we're still seeing websites that are displaying either a blank page or an error message on a mobile device.
Have you checked how your website looks on a mobile or tablet device?
If you've not checked your website on a phone or tablet then we'd suggest that this is the first thing you do. Here's some of the things you should be looking for:
- Visibility - can you view your website on a phone or tablet?
- Navigation - is it easy to navigate and find important information quickly?
- Responsive or view as a desktop - is your site designed for mobile devices?
- Mobile friendly - can my visitors find a contact number and call you on a phone?
- Speed - is my website quick to load?
If you're unsure of any of the above why not speak to one of our web consultants or get a free website review?